Ubiquisys ActiveRadio® Solutions
Why do operators need ActiveRadio® solutions?
One of the key requirements for operators deploying femto and small cells is that they should augment rather than adversely affect the operation and performance of the existing network. In order to achieve this, not only do the cells need to understand their relationship to the macro network on initialisation, but they need to be able to adapt to changes as and when they occur.
Ubiquisys ActiveRadio® RRM delivers the following benefits:
- Automatic identification of 2G, 3G and small cell neighbours.
- Automatic power-setting to optimise coverage, whilst ensuring interference does not exceed levels that are pre-determined by operator policies.
- Automatically adjusts downlink power to that most suitable for the services being used, to minimise interference to nearby macro users.
- Automatic uplink power capping, to ensure small cell users do not provide uplink interference to macro cells.
- Automatic data rate adaptation to optimise throughput, whilst responding to interference being experienced and generated by the small cell.
ActiveRadio® RRM Procedures During Initialisation
ActiveRadio® RRM – Uplink/Downlink Power Control
ActiveRadio® RRMHSDPA/DCH Power Re-allocation & Rate Adaptation