Ubiquisys CloudBase® Services
Why do operators need CloudBase® services?
Scalability and security are two of the key requirements of operators when deploying large numbers of small cells.
The Ubiquisys CloudBase® systems provide a highly scalable and operationally efficient set of mechanisms to deliver software to massive numbers of remotely located units, using best-practice cloud delivery techniques. As the application code is not delivered until activation, operators can have total trust in the security of the system, as well as deployment flexibility, as any unit can be delivered and then personalised on activation.
The system can also be used for large-scale software upgrades and device reparenting, with an automatic system which removes the need for high opex costs from the maintenance centres.
Ubiquisys CloudBase® system delivers the following benefits:
- Highly scalable solutions for all small cell and femto market segments.
- Security assured from point of manufacture to point of activation.
- Low operational costs for large-scale changes.
- Faster than alternative techniques based on management systems.
Example Service – Unit Activation
The Ubiquisys CloudBase® system is used for residential unit activation.
From a customer perspective the activation process is zero-touch, plug-and-play. All a customer has to do is order a unit from the mobile network operator, connect it to an internet access device and provide power.
Behind the scenes, the unit is given sufficient information on the manufacturing line to be able to contact the CloudBase® system. From there it receives basic capabilities and is directed to the operator management system to receive specific network profile and configuration. Once loaded with this information it runs its internal radio resource algorithms, establishes its position in the network and auto-configures. It is then ready for service. The advantage of this methodology is two-fold:
- The unit can be given the very latest version of software at the point of activation.
- Units manufactured can be delivered to a variety of end user environments without having any impact on the production line, thus optimising manufacturing costs.